Innovating with the latest technology Muth Electric is utilizing BIM (Building Information Modeling) partnered with Hololens and Trimble to bridge the gap between the office and the field. Our specialists can see the design in the field just as they are being designed in the office.
Using the tools and technology of today we can design buildings more accurately and resolve potential issues before a job even begins. Our field staff draw detailed layouts for the BIM modelers, and in turn populate the content in the models to be installed.
Our approach to general coordination is to encourage all trades to be involved in the BIM design of the project. We have found that BIM coordination has reduced construction costs, decreased construction time and increased onsite job production. We utilize BIM data for the prefabrication process thus reducing the total man-hours required on site. Our superintendents use the BIM data to process prefabrication requisitions that better determine the material to be used on any particular install.
Here is a list of projects that we have successfully utilized BIM:
· Black Hills Corporation New Headquarters, Rapid City SD – 225,000 sq. ft.
· Rapid City Regional Healthcare, Rapid City SD- 419,764 sq. ft.
· Bel Brands, Brookings SD- 138,000 sq. ft.
· Williston Community Recreation Center, Williston ND – 215,000 sq. ft.
· Denny Sanford Premier Center, Sioux Falls SD – 285,000 sq. ft.
· Sanford Health Clinic, Dickinson ND – 85,000 sq. ft.
· USD Sports Arena, Vermillion SD – 186,000 sq. ft.
· Grand Living at Lake Lorraine, Sioux Falls SD – 199,155 sq. ft.
Muth Electric has implemented a project collaboration software (4Projects), which allows our onsite and other staff to have access to the most up-to-date project information, as well as allowing our staff to work collaboratively on possible project obstacles, without having to leave the job site. We prefer to coordinate weekly with other trades. This is encouraged to help reduce or eliminate major system conflicts and field conflicts. To learn more about our services, please contact us today.